Group: Chaotic Staff
Last Login: 8/13/2008 4:22:56 PM
Posts: 2,874, Visits: 31,177
Welcome to the Chaotic Beta site and thank you for reading our newest Megaroar post!
May 28, 2008
We are very excited to have your support as a member of our Chaotic Beta Community! Your role as a Chaotic Beta tester is a very important one and we rely upon all of our Chaotic Beta participants to explore the ChaoticGame site and play the Chaotic Online Trading Card Game to help us make this a great game for our Commercial Launch.
Before we get started, I have a special announcement to make. We’re pleased to announce that our very own Chaotic|Blargers has been promoted here at TC Digital and in the forums! I’ve been given some new duties that will take some of my time away from the forums. Chaotic|Blargers will now be helping me make announcements, and assist me in moderating all sections of our Community. Chaotic|Blargers has been a continuing presence in the Helpdesk forums since the website launched, and I’m confident he will be a great help throughout the rest of the forums. Please join me in congratulating him!
Alright, it’s time for the rest of the announcements! Read on for some very exciting updates!
- Silent Sands™:
Our next set release, Silent Sands, will be available in Comic and Hobby shops starting June 18th, with a full Retail release to follow on July 2nd.
This latest Booster Set expansion, which will include Booster Packs but no new Starter Decks, is designed to enhance the gameplay of the Chaotic Trading Card game. Adding 100 new cards and new abilities such as Progressive Attacks, Zero-Cost Mugic, and Mirage Locations, the Silent Sands expansion will add to the Story of Perim, with the crafty Mipedian Tribe taking center stage. Prepare yourself for new Creature types, such as the Warbeasts, Assimilated Danians, Conjurors, and Chanters! Keep an eye out for exciting sneak peeks and exclusive previews to come!
- Master Rules for Zenith of the Hive:
Master Rules for the Zenith of the Hive cards are going to be implemented into the Chaotic Game Pad! Our development team has been working hard on finding and fixing any bugs associated with this before release. Master Rules will be implemented for Zenith of the Hive cards in the month of June. We will update you with the specific date as it approaches!
- Standard and Master Rules for Silent Sands:
Once the Silent Sands set is released into the stores, you won't have to wait long to start playing with them online! We plan to roll out both Standard and Master Rules for the Silent Sands set at the same time. Standard and Master Rules will be implemented for Silent Sands cards in the month of June. We will update you with the specific date as it approaches!
- 6v6 Gameplay:
6v6 gameplay is being added into the Chaotic Game Pad! This long-awaited feature will allow for more complex battles with brand new strategies that have not yet been possible on the Chaotic Website. 6v6 gameplay will work with all three available card sets. You will also be able to build 6v6 armies in the Army Builder. 6v6 gameplay will be introduced in the month of June. We will update you with the specific date as it approaches!
- 1v1 Gameplay:
1v1 gameplay is making a return to the Chaotic Website and Game Pad! You will now once again be able to play quick 1v1 Standard Rule matches in the Chaotic Pad! 1v1 gameplay will work with all three available card sets. You will also be able to build 1v1 armies in the Army Builder. 1v1 gameplay will be introduced in the month of June. We will update you with the specific date as it approaches!
- Expanded Army Builder:
You will now have the option of choosing between all three gameplay types in the Army Builder: 1v1, 3v3, and 6v6. The expanded Army Builder will be launched alongside 1v1 and 6v6 gameplay this June.
- Non-Direct X/Pixel Shader 1.1 Support:
For those of you who have computers that do not support Pixel Shader 1.1, or Direct X, we will be introducing an alternate version of the Chaotic Game Pad that will remove those requirements. This means that even if you have an older system or graphics card that lacks Pixel Shader 1.1, you will be able to play Chaotic online! The Non-Direct X/Pixel Shader 1.1 version of the Chaotic Pad will be released on July 4th, 2008.
- Macintosh Operating System Support:
Macintosh support is finally coming to Chaotic! When the Chaotic Game Pad launched last October, only Windows operating systems were supported. Once our update goes live, a version of the Chaotic Game Pad will be released allowing players who use Mac systems to play Chaotic online. This will open up the game to the many Mac users who have requested support for their systems. The Macintosh-compatible Chaotic Pad will be released on July 4th, 2008. This will be the same Chaotic Pad that removes the Direct X and Pixel Shader 1.1 requirements.
- Chaotic Season 2
The second season of the Chaotic animated series is coming to a TV near you this fall! Stay tuned for more details as Season 2 approaches!
We have made many updates and fixes lately to the ChaoticGame.com Website and Chaotic Client. Our development team has been hard at work every day making these fixes and changes, which are recapped here:
- Our new Chaotic Game Pad Crash Reporting & Solutions tool has been integrated into the Client. From now on, whenever the Chaotic Game Pad crashes in any way, a forum link will be included in the crash report for you to click on. If there is a known solution for the issue, the link will point you there. If there is no solution to the issue yet, then the link will take you to a forum post explaining how to submit a Helpdesk ticket. These posts will be found in the new Known Solutions forum.
- When players use a card such as Flash Kick or Squeeze Play, they are given the choice to pick between different Location and Attack cards. Previously, attempting to select those cards would be difficult to do because of a focusing issue. The focus issues have been fixed.
- A full preview of cards in the Burst area has now been implemented.
- The bug preventing the targeting of a Burst stack item has been fixed.
- Mugic Reprise has now been implemented in the Chaotic Pad.
- Fixed the Song of Fury crash bugs.
- Previously there was a bug where the Client would crash when too many Mugic counters were displayed on a Creature. That crash has been fixed.
- The correct number of Mugic counters will now be displayed on a Creature in all cases - previously only 3 would be shown.
- The Master Rules checkbox can now only be selected when a Master Rules-enabled Army is selected.
- A Creature's Energy is now properly displayed when higher than 99 - the Energy will no longer be cut off of the screen.
- Lobby text is no longer visible behind the login UI while connecting to the server.
- Mouse logic has been improved for the Login and Lobby screens, making it easier to select different buttons and login fields.
- Text entry in the Login screen now properly handles the Caps, Shift, and Tab keys.
- Older versions of the Chaotic Patcher can once again self-patch to the latest version.
- Change Email confirmation - When you attempt to change your email addresses on the website, you will now be sent a confirmation email to your original email address. Once you click on the link inside that email, your email address will be changed.
- Change Password confirmation - When you attempt to change your password on the website, you will now be sent a confirmation email to your email address. Once you click on the link inside that email, your password will be changed.
- Selecting a virtual Starter/Apprentice Deck will now automatically build an army made of those cards. This army will be called the Starter Army.
- The new Known Solutions forum has been added as a SubForum to the Helpdesk forums.
- Trade Changes
- Trades now require email confirmation from both parties.
- There is a 48 hour limit on posted trades. If no one has responded to a trade within 48 hours, that trade will be removed from the list.
- The trade confirmation email sent to both parties now contain the stats for any Creature cards involved in the trade.
- If a player has responded to a trade, no other players can respond to that trade.
- If a player has either posted a trade with cards, or responded to a trade with cards, they cannot use those cards in any new trade or for a response to any other trade.
- Both sides of a trade can now reject a trade through the trade email.
- Trade rejections are allowed even after acceptance. This means that once a trade has been accepted, you can go back and reject it yourself if you wish – this can only happen if the other person involved in the trade has not yet accepted the trade.
- If a player clicks to reject a trade, the proposed trade is removed from the other player involved in the trade. The trade is now open for a new response.
- If a player cancels a trade, no further responses can be made to that trade as it is removed from the list, and any response that was already associated with that trade is removed.
- Two trade keys are generated for pending trades, one unique to each player. What this means is that when you click on the 'Accept' or 'Reject' link, the website will identify each player. This will ensure more accurate trading.
- We have implemented a better internal tracking for all trades, including acceptances and rejections. This way if anyone has an issue with a trade, we can check all activity involved with that trade.
There are more features coming beyond what’s been mentioned here. Please keep checking our Announcements and News forums for more updates, including more information about future releases and release dates, changes and updates coming for the Chaotic Game Pad and ChaoticGame.com Website, and specific information about the End of Beta.
We hope that you are enjoying our Beta release as much as we are enjoying sharing it with you all! Thank you for your feedback, suggestions, and patience. All of you have been a great help in improving the Chaotic experience.
Thank you again for joining our Chaotic Beta Community!
Let’s get Chaotic!
===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== =====
• Chaotic|Teia's Megaroar! (posted 5/28/08)
• Zenith of the Hive is Live!
• Zenith of the Hive Preview Article
• Chaotic OP and Promo cards are now Live!
• Passport to Perim Demo Days Events at Select Hobby Shops
• Chaotic Wednesday Reward for May 21st: MUNNARI
• Chaotic Trading Card Game Tutorial
• Helpful Topics Summary: VERY good to read if you are new!
For optimum support, please DO NOT SEND CHAOTIC STAFF PRIVATE MESSAGES to ask general gameplay questions or to request technical or account support. If you are a new player, please post in the "Getting Started - New Player Zone" forum. If you have an account or technical issue, please either post in the "Helpdesk" forum or submit a Helpdesk ticket. Thanks!